Project Director (UNHCR) at the American University of Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below in the Atiku Centre for Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development:
Job Title: Project Director
Locations: Northeast Nigeria
About the Project
- The Atiku Centre for Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development plans to start a new project funded by United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in early 2018.
- This project is focused on providing sustainable livelihoods skills and empowerment to IDPs, returnees and host community members in Borno, Adamawa, Gombe and Yobe state.
- This is one year project with offices in Maiduguri, Yola, Damaturu and Mubi.
- In application of our mission and vision, the Atiku Centre Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development was set up to provide a one stop shop for all development initiatives, utilizing our local knowledge and global expertise to study problems, develop solutions and prioritize the implementation of the solutions in the form of projects.
- The centre currently implements a number of projects across the north east focusing on mitigating the impact of the insurgency on the lives of the people of the north east and Nigerians in general.
- The Project Director is charged with the responsibility of managing all aspects of the UNHCR Sustainable Livelihoods project.
- Under the direction of the Grants Administrator, the Project Director will oversee the implementation of the project workplan and delivery of project targets, while adhering to laid down policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in Organizational Development, Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, International Development, or other relevant field preferred;
- Experience designing and implementing empowerment projects
- Experience managing local an partners and grants
- Experience working with state and local government partners
- Minimum 5 years experience in program management at senior management level is required
- Aptitude/experience in supervising staff and the ability to mentor subordinates;
- Knowledge and understanding of the development sector in Nigeria preferred
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of Hausa required.
- Knowledge and experience of working in Northern region of Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for and the Project should be the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.