UNOCHA Jobs in Nigeria for an IM Web Associate
UNOCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IM Web Associate
Job ID: 13640
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Under the overall supervision of the OCHA Head of Office, the Manager of the Information Management Unit and direct supervision of the Information Management Assistant Officer (IMAO), the Information Management Data Assistant will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Manage content on relevant web platforms such as www.unocha.org/nigeria, www.humanitarianresponse.info/operations/nigeria, and provide overall quality control for the platform and ensure content is current, comprehensive and follows relevant metadata standards
- Support coordination by managing core information tools and services including contact management, event scheduling and document management
- Provide client support to web focal point in partner organizations, including training
- Work with counterparts on related web platforms such as agency and cluster websites and ReliefWeb to facilitate cross-site search and interoperability
- Collaborate with counterparts worldwide on the development, improvement and adoption of new modules and features
- Analyze statistical websites monthly, reporting on trends and developments
- Assist in the administration of user profiles and access rights of web platforms and provide the necessary technical assistance
- Developing networks and partnerships to support the sharing of information
- Ensure the collection and integration of data from different web sites managed by the national office.
- Provide support of information management in the preparation of background papers, briefing kits, Power Point presentations, working documents, matrices, etc.
- Work closely with the Public Information Unit to ensure consistency in the dissemination of humanitarian information and advocacy
- Ensure the update of humanitarian kiosk
- Maintain Mailchimp regularly to share information
- Perform any other duties required by the IMU Manager in connection to the information management or as requested by the OCHA Head of Office.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- The Key results will have an impact on the OCHA’s Field Information Management Strategy, the provision of support to Field Offices in the adoption and use of information management applications and procedures, such as the Who does What Where/Contact Directory and the field document management system, and on the development and improvement of information management tools and standard at the local and regional levels to ensure that information management in the field functions efficiently.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in Arts, Statistics, Disaster Management, Emergency Management, Geographic Information Systems, Information Management, Information Systems, Professional Studies, Social Sciences.
- A minimum of six (06) years of relevant professional experience in the fields of activity concerned (collection and data processing, database management, data analysis, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of Drupal content management systems and DNN
- Experience in conducting training sessions
- Ability to communicate with technical and non- technical staff
- Curiosity vis-à- vis the latest technological developments, and commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Application Closing Date
1st January, 2018.