Production Manager Job at Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a leading FMCG company with branches across the nation, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Job Reference: 1370
Function: Operations & Production
- The Production Manager supervises, leads and continuously develops the production capabilities of the Company.
- The Production Manager will play a critical role in the development of new products and projects, and hence in achieving the ambitious growth targets of the Company.
- Lead the scheduling/achievement of daily, monthly, and yearly production objectives.
- Direct responsibility for the production operations including critical KPI areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity, and Cost for the Value Stream.
- Key focus on the on-going development of an operations team and processes capable of meeting current and future performance objectives with a strong focus on Productivity, Scrap, Yield, lean conversion and On-Time Deliveries (OTD).
- Maintains compliance with GMP & safety standards, good housekeeping practices.
- Develops reporting related to scheduling, production goals, equipment & maintenance problems.
- Production oversight: Day to day supervision of production of all products of the Company
- Production setup: Continous improvement of existing production processes and set up of production processes for new production lines
- Production and supply chain planning: Interaction with sales teams to prepare short and long term production plans, and definition of procurement plans
- Quality Assurance: Continous monitoring of product quality and implementation of recommendations from Quality Control and Internal Audit Departments
- Product development: Research and development of new chemicals products across the entire range of products of the Company
- Project development: Support of conceptualization and implementation of new business projects, i.e. new production lines and factory extensions
- Manage the production department and coordinate its interaction with departments to achieve customer and company requirements related to quality, service and cost, as well as contribute to the long-term competitiveness of the company
- Develop, lead and motivate a production team and create annual budget for areas of responsibility and manage the overall costs within the allocated budgets.
- Define operational objectives, goals and plans to support the organizational strategy and objectives
- Deploy resources required to meet operational requirements and review progress against operational plans
- Ensure objectives and targets are agreed and communicated to team
- Ensure Quality and Safety standards are adhered to maintained and improved
- Manage system to ensure consistent delivery of high quality production
- Team management: Identification of manpower needs and skills requirements, continous development of the skills and knowledge of the production team, performance management, identification and support of personal and professional growth of high performers
- B.Sc Pharma with minimum 7 – 10 years of supervisory experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficient with GMP regulations and continuous Improvement and/or Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Microsoft/ERP proficient with strong interpersonal skills supervising an ununionized
- Prior experience in product development and trouble shooting, business strategies, product strategies, project planning and resource management.
- Understanding of production management
- Advanced level SAP and computer literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work as an integral part of team and individually
- A well-organized individual, who is meticulous and able to plan and prioritize activities
- Ability to perform well under pressure would be suited to this role
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online