ALIMA Job for a Field Administration Manager
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an international medical organization, founded in 2009. ALIMA’s aim is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research. The specific feature of the association is to base its operating methods mainly on partnership with national medical players. By pooling and capitalizing on their skills, ALIMA and its partners give as many people as possible access to a high standard of treatment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Administration Manager – M/F
Reports to (Direct): Field Coordinator
Reports to (Functional): Finance Coordinator and Human Resources Coordinator
Area: Administration, Finance and HR
Mission and Main Activities
- Is in charge of the program’s administration, finance and Human resource.
- Together with the Program Managers, he/she is responsible for expenditure and compiles the budget tracking reports for each program. He/she also manages cash flow.
- Is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies in the project and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the project (National, International).
- Advise Project Coordinator on set up (org chart) and together with the HR Coordinator, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions.
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission and to facilitate budget following-up.
- Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Assist the Project Coordinator, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities.
- Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Under supervision of the HR Coordinator, ensure indexation process of national staff salary grids in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites.
- Support, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Together with the Project Coordinator, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and ALIMA commitment.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (eg. Ministry of Health, etc.) and ALIMA.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project.
- Ensures all staff in the Project (National, International, Regional, visits, etc.) is properly briefed and/or inducted.
- Is responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project.
- Implement circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank conciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following ALIMA guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place.
- Ensures that monthly accountancy closure is taking place and controlled, with due quality and on due time.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Finance Coordinator, analyze and follow up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and to proposing corrective action.
- Ensures all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homere and SAGA monthly closure, SitReps, etc.).
Experience and Skills
- University Degree in Finance, Administration, and Human Resources
- Minimum 1 year experience in Finance & HR management
- Experience in a similar position for at least 1 year
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset
- Team management and supervision skills
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word
- Knowledge of Saga (Finance software) & Homere (HR software) is highly appreciated
- Rigorous, stress resistant and good adaptation capacity
- Sense of organization, method and autonomy
- Adaptable and diplomatic
- Used to working in a team in multicultural contexts
- Skills in training and support
- English is mandatory (written, read, spoken), French and Hausa are an asset
- Contract term: contract under French law, 6 months, renewable
- Desired start date: as soon as possible
- Duration of Mission: 06 months minimum, with possible extension
- Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs,
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee,
- Evacuation of the employee
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications which should include CV’s and answers to the following questions (you’ll join a Word document) below to: email@example.com with the reference “Field Administration Manager – Nigeria” in the subject line. Please send the answer to the following questions (in a word document / no other cover letter is needed!!!):
- How do you place ALIMA in the NGO medical emergency landscape?
- Describe your experience on field administration in the humanitarian environment? Please explain what you liked about it/did well and what were your difficulties.
- According to you, which are the challenges of this position in the context of Borno State in Nigeria.
- Please indicate your level both in English and French, written read spoken (scale between 1 and 10, 10 being native speaker).
Note: Any application without answer to the questions will not be taken into account .