Culinary Chef Instructor Vacancy at Lextorah Limited
Lextorah Limited, specializes in enterprise learning technologies and our goal in respect of every project is to harness the internet and latest learning technologies to consolidate Learning, thereby creating unique and memorable educational experience for children of all ages.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Culinary Chef Instructor
- Prepare daily instructional lesson plans based upon agreed upon curriculum and instruct in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and guidelines of the institute.
- Assess the learning outcomes listed in the course guide or syllabus of the class(s).
- Work individually as an advisor for students who may need extra help, who have questions about course information, who want career guidance, or who need assistance in their studies.
- Provide regular and constructive feedback to students in an objective, consistent, and timely manner; evaluate and document student performance using established methods, rubrics, and criteria; file course grades consistently and without prejudice.
- Collaborate with colleagues, to prepare, review, and revise course guides, syllabi, and appropriate curriculum materials for courses offered at the Institute, and any other educational materials required.
- Conduct travel and/or off campus business related activities instruction, food preparation, and table service in an exemplary manner consistent with the professional standards of the Institute, and within budgetary limits.
- Teach assigned courses following the schedule and curriculum provided for each course.
- In culinary, baking, or pastry arts classes (degree programs or continuing education), supervise students in preparing quality food within Institute guidelines.
- Enforce sanitation principles (appropriate to particular teaching assignment), attendance policies, Institute’s Professionalism, Uniform, and Hygiene Policy, and other academic policies.
- Assume responsibility for equipment and facilities of the kitchen, bakeshop, pastry shop, dining room, or classrooms.
- Stay abreast of new developments in the foodservice and hospitality industries; plan on an annual basis professional development; and strive to accomplish the goals set out in the formal annual plan.
- Support the mission and policies of the Institute as well as the overall strategic direction of the Department of Continuing Education.
- Contribute to the growth of the college by serving on committees or task forces, assisting with visitors, recommending students and potential employees, and displaying hospitality.
- Develop menus, planning documents and organizational plans for conferences, retreats and any other event as required.
- OND/HND/BSc in the field of Culinary Arts, Foodservice Management, Hospitality or a related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years recent, post-graduate, industry experience.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience with both management and line level employees.
- Proven track record showing a steady progression of skill level, increased levels of responsibility, and personal career oriented professional development chef and/or instructor in culinary education.
- Familiar with basic fundamental cooking methods and advanced culinary skills. Specialization in one or more cuisines such as Asia, Mexico, Latin America, European and the Mediterranean region including familiarity of cultural significance, key ingredients and preparation techniques unique to the cuisine.
- Relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas volume foodservice, fine dining, multi- unit restaurant operations, and menu R&D.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in the field of Culinary Arts, Foodservice Management, Hospitality, Education or a related field.
- High level of proficiency in hands-on culinary techniques.
- Basic computer literacy, which must include ability to work effectively in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and /or similar programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively work with multiple teams across the organization to respond to business needs
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive student issues with confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills required.
- Strong computer experience, which must include abilities to work effectively with MS Office suite products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Moderate to strong organizational skills, detail oriented and thorough.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, and maintain collaborative relationships with all members of faculty and administration.
- Must have an excellent and welcoming presence in front of guests and employees. Moderate to strong presentation skills are required.
- Must have the ability to lift fifty (50) pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in a typical kitchen environment
- Must be able to perform hands on demonstrations of culinary techniques and correct use of equipment.
- Must have the ability to work various shifts
- Must have the ability to be exposed to common cleaning agents and chemicals associated with food safety and kitchen sanitation.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com not adhering to the above instruction leads to total disqualification.
Note: All shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview ASAP.