Marketing & Sales Manager Position at Ellis Suites Limited
Ellis Suites Limited is a private limited liability company incorporated on 12, April 2012 as a full fledged hospitality outfit specifically targeted at the upscale segment of the consuming public. We are located at 22/26 Oremeta Street, directly opposite Diamond Bank at Ojodu Berger Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing & Sales Manager
- A marketing & sales manager analyses local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the hospitality industry through the development of future business.
- The marketing & sales manager will be a core contributor to the success and the fulfillment of the owner’s vision to become the leader in luxury hospitality and event center business in Lagos.
- The ideal candidate must be well versed in the hospitality industry with proven expertise in financial management, branding & public relations, marketing and business generation.
Specifically, as a marketing & sales manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Analysis local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads.
- Develop customer accounts and travel within the local area to drive business into the specific hotel and to increase market share in all revenue streams.
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients.
- Develop and implement creative local marketing channels, including social media channels.
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel to create an exceptional guest experience and build strong comprehensive marketing programs and attend marketing events as required.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the MD and Chairman to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads and to answer customer queries in a prompt and professional manner.
A marketing & sales manager is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other team members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behavior’s, skills and values that follows:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative.
- Experience in sales and marketing management role with a proven track record to close a sale/deal.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality.
- Passion for sales/marketing and for achieving targets and objectives.
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar position.
- A good first degree in a Hospitality and Marketing related field.
- Advanced degree e.g. masters in hospitality, MBA or another relevant field would be an advantage.
- Must be within the age of 30 to 55 years old with a vibrant personality and vast knowledge of the hospitality landscape in Lagos and Nigeria as well as strong networks in the region.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: email@example.com with “GM(Marketing & Sales)” as the subject of the email.