Laundry Attendant needed at Lilygate Hotel
Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Reports To: Laundry Manager / Laundry Supervisor
- Being a laundry valet you are responsible to ensure that all laundry services for the hotels guests is done as per the standard policies and is met on time. Also responsible for laundry collection from guest rooms, dry-cleaning, washing, drying, pressing and folding of guest’s laundry along with other hotel linen.
- Additionally properly tags Guest items and then sorts for appropriate action like Washing, dry cleaning, stain removal, pressing or send for repairing to the hotel tailor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for picking up and delivery of in house guest laundry.
- Responsible to collect and deliver outside guest laundry / dry cleaning.
- Responsible for delivering all guest items punctually, accurately and in a professional and courteous way.
- Collect laundry and dry cleaning bags from guest rooms and ensure that guest name, room number and laundry pieces are listed.
- Count and verify all items collected as per laundry price lists / laundry sheet signed by the guest and note down any discrepancy or damages on the same sheet.
- Check all items for damage or stains and take appropriate action to rectify these issues.
- Report immediately to the superiors in case any valuable items like cash, jewellery, credit cards etc. found in guests cloth pockets.
- Responsible to processes the guests clothing on the correct equipment / machines using the appropriate chemicals and temperature.
- Once processed, neatly fold or hangs the clothing as requested by the guest on the laundry sheet.
- Sorts employee uniforms for appropriate action like washing, dry cleaning, pressing or send for repairing to the hotel’s tailor.
- Able to processes the staff uniforms on the correct equipment using the appropriate chemicals and temperature.
- Once processed, hangs and transports clean uniforms to Housekeeping.
- Shakes wet sheets, table linens and napkins prior to ironing in order to spread them out.
- Responsible to feed washed linens and napkins into ironer or folder or calendar machine.
- Retrieves folded linens and stacks or hangs clean linens as appropriate.
- Sorts clean towels, rugs and robes.
- Uses towel folder and manual folding for bath towels, washcloths, rugs and robes.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of dryers and sort out washed laundry items
- Operates and maintains folding equipment, presser and iron.
- Operates and maintains washer, dryer, dry cleaning machine etc.
- Reports any technical problems or deficiencies to Laundry manager or maintenance team.
- Places folded product on appropriate rack.
- Reports any damage or deficiencies in the laundry items to the laundry manager.
- Assist in inventories and attend all departmental training as informed and scheduled by the manager.
- Assists with other responsibilities and duties in the absence of other team members or other tasks assigned by the manager.
- Basic tailoring experience or sewing skills.
- Taking Responsibility.
- Recognizing Differences and eye for detail.
- Understanding of Laundry machines and chemicals.
- Ability to work under pressure
- High School Diploma or Intermediate or Equivalent preferred.
- Basis computer knowledge and working experience with laundry machines.
- Previous experience in a hotel laundry / linen department, with minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in large laundry operations of 4 Star or branded hotels.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org