Sous Chef/ Chef De Cuisine Role at Lilygate Hotel
Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sous Chef/ Chef De Cuisine
Reports To: Executive Chef
- The Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit centre, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
- Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Able to make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding succession planning.
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals.
- To ensure that guests are always receiving an exceptional dining experience representing true value for money.
- Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
- Ensure that associate meals and associate dining services are of a consistently high standard.
- Ensure that chefs are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated.
- Ensure that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered too.
- Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that a consistent first class product of the highest quality is achieved and maintained in all culinary areas, whilst adhering to operational deadlines.
- Ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated.
- Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlets including banquets.
- To work in close conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and respective & teams, to create a yearly marketing Plan for the outlet.
- Ensure that all relevant banquet set-ups are prepared ahead of guest’s arrival and in adherence with hotel standards.
- Be aware of new items, which are introduced onto the market and keep up with the lasted product trends.
- To fully understand the market needs and desires for each outlet and ensure that the menus are developed to reflect those needs.
- To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
- To manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all culinary associates.
- To project a positive and motivated attitude among-st all associates.
- To spend time in the restaurant to ensure that the operation is managed well by the outlet team.
- To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation.
- To ensure that all food products received into the hotel are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities within the culinary department.
- Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- To act as manager on duty for the hotel as scheduled.
- To recruit and select a suitable culinary team who are able to work within a decentralized management philosophy.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
- Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
- Initiative and Self-motivated.
- Ideal training and coaching skills.
- Culinary diploma from a recognized institution or higher.
- At least 5 – 10 years’ experience with 2 years in a senior management position.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com