Business Development Manager Job at Kraft Heinz Company
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26.5 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- The overall objective of this job is to be responsible for control of budgets, delivery of targets, drives companies profit centres, implementation and monitoring of IMS, distribution, visibility objectives and manage the trade cash / credit.
- To achieve sales targets by directing, coaching and controlling the activities of the sales team (company & Distributor) to ensure maximum brand exposure and yield from Trade Promotion Budget.
- Focus on Key Account management to drive targeted sales with in ROI norms.
- Plan for direct coverage of retail outlets through the use of Distributor sales team.
- Manage the day to day activities of the Distributor team.
- Implement all market activation activities in order to achieve impact at point of purchase.
- Management of all trade in Nigeria using the Distributor sales and merchandising team.
- Ensure timely and accurate forecasting of demand and placing of orders by Distributors as per the SNOP output and ensuring adequate stock holding as per agreed SOP.
- Ensure maintenance of distribution levels as per agreed norms for existing brands and for achieving distribution levels within the agreed time frame for NPDs.
- Implement the agreed trade marketing plan – trade promotions, merchandising objectives as per planograms.
- Obtain the most cost-effective use of shelf space in all key accounts, in conjunction with Key Account Managers, and create a ‘win win relationship and partnership’.
- Direct, train, supervise and coach the distributor personnel.
- Allocating areas to sales executives;
- Setting budgets/targets;
- Liaising with other line managers;
- Reporting back to senior managers;
- Liaising with customers (which may include actual selling);
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company’s products or services;
- Keeping abreast of what competitors are doing.
- Depending on the culture of the company and level of seniority within it, sales managers may also be involved with product development, identification of new business opportunities and the development of marketing strategies
- Team Commitment: to blend well with all departments and other cross functional teams to understand and facilitate the working needs and add value by facilitating delivery of overall department targets.
- Objective Analytical Power: to clearly understand specific task requirements and find simplified and efficient solutions to issues and processes
- Customer Orientation: high motivation to deliver beyond the job with a strong feeling of ownership and a feeling of being in charge of the job execution
- MBA in Sales & Marketing as the medium of University education.
- A high degree of familiarity and practice of IT skills related to use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, MS Excel
- A strong command over English with an ability to understand and communicate clearly and effectively
- Good negotiation skills, Teamwork, communication skills, financial awareness, Planning and organizing
Application Closing Date