Coating Superintendent Job Vacancy at Onstream Group
Onstream Group – With more than three decades of global industry experience, the company is now structured as a group of business units, each with its own specialisations. Through these units, the Group can provide tailored services to address the needs of our clients worldwide in the most effective and competitive manner.
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coating Superintendent
During Mobilization & Detailed Engineering Phase:
- Review, perform and approve the qualification of operators and Pre-qualification tests for coating system and corrosion protections at CONTRACTOR and SUBCONTRACTOR/ VENDOR facilities.
- Evaluate and upgrade by audit, the Safety and quality level at CONTRACTOR and SUBCONTRACTOR/ VENDOR facilities
- Prepare a good coordination between COMPANY and CONTRACTOR team.
- Find CONTRACTOR key person to allow proper quality, safety and progress
- Review procedure, ITP.
During Execution Phase:
- Lead a team of Corrosion/Coating supervisors/inspectors.
- Ensure a good communication between, COMPANY Team (engineer, superintendent, and inspectors) and CONTRACTOR/Sub CONTRACTOR Team.
- Report all relevant information necessary to the good progress of the project.
- Ensure safe working practices are carried out by contractor, sub contractor and vendor.
- Ensure the quality of the work performed by contractor (scaffolding, surface preparation, painting and PFP/Thermal insulation/GRE resin application, Anodes tests).
- Ensure that the work is performed according to the contract (specification).
- Review Contractor’s progress reports (before meeting) and reports for all the activities related to the Corrosion/coating activities of the FPSO, highlighting critical problems, discrepancies and dysfunctions if any,
- Liaise with Topside Nigeria content manager, Corrosion and Coating Engineer, Company inspection or third party (if relevant) to ensure compliance with Specifications, rules and regulations,
- Report to the Corrosion and Coating Engineer on regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly) and highlighting critical problems, discrepancies and dysfunctions if any,
- Ensure that the resources and organisation from Contractor are adequate with regards to the workload,
- Prepare and maintain up to date activity follow up tables (progress, quantities…)
- Participate in the development of the construction phase and inspection activities,
- Ensure that the list of punch items will be minimum and prepare punch list follow-up tables.
- Certified by an approved organization such as ACQPA, FROSIO.
- 10 years experience in construction and/or interfaces activities for the Oil & Gas industry. High skill in thermal insulation, GRE resin and anode testing.
- Experience within FPSO is an advantage
- Available for vendor visits and surveillance missions worldwide.
- Computer literate.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment
- Fluent English.
Application Closing Date