Media Trust Limited Jobs for a Head Internal Control and Audit
Media Trust Limited, publisher of DAILY TRUST and other newspaper titles, is desirous of recruiting competent, self motivated and result oriented candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Internal Control and Audit
- The role holder will be responsible for effectively managing the company’s Internal Control/Audit function to ensure that it adds value to the group’s operations by providing an independent, cost effective and efficient internal audit service to all lines of business and the company’s operations, in a manner that will accomplish corporate objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, monitor and review departmental internal control policies, procedures and processes.
- Implement departmental internal control policies, procedures and processes;
- Establish an effective, efficient, and transparent system of internal control;
- Implement, monitor and report on departmental cost control system and fraud prevention plan;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Develop and direct comprehensive programme of audit assignments covering internal controls, regulatory compliance, evaluating the level of controls in administration and financial systems, human resources, I.T. and other relevant departments and related businesses of the company/group;
- Ensure the reliability of financial and management accounts, and investigate sensitive and fraud-related issues;
- Maintain a continuous and effective working relationship with Board Audit committee, CEO/EIC and other members of the Executive Management to deal with current and pertinent issues relating to improvement of internal controls, governance and risk management processes within the Group;
- Liaise with External Auditors, to coordinate and discuss audit and tax-related issues and resolves audit observations;
- Assist the organisation units in developing their own self-audit;
- Ensure that diverse audit engagements are performed in a systematic, disciplined approach and with proficiency and due professional care;
- Ensure that auditors possess the knowledge, skills, and other competencies needed to perform their individual responsibilities, including sufficient knowledge to identify the indicators of fraud;
- Ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal control, processes within the group;
- Establish a comprehensive Audit Plan covering all the activities of the group, prioritising the audit assignments based on a risk assessment, and scheduling of follow-up activities to carry out the responsibilities of the Group Audit, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Keep the CEO and the Board informed of the results of the audit, timely in line with established audit plan;
- Provide policies, procedures and audit programmes to guide the internal control and audit staff, in order that the objectives and technical aspects of control/ audit assignment can be met.
- Ensure that internal auditors are properly supervised, performs audit/investigatory work with planned approach and within agreed time frames.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a First degree in Accounting or Finance related disciplines;
- Minimum of 10 years’ practical experience in Internal Control and Audit with (at least 7 years in a leadership position);
- Membership of a ICAN or ANAN;
- Experience in internal control and auditing preferably in the media industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software application for auditing;
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd January, 2018.
How to Apply