Senior Associate, BD Financial Services Job at Greenlight Planet
At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business. We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, BD Financial Services – West Africa
Reporting to: Lead, Financial Services – Africa
- We are looking for an entrepreneurial sales and business development leader, to join our fast-growing global sales team.
- The Senior Associate, BD Financial Services, will be responsible for deepening Greenlight Planet’s reach in West Africa, through large strategic partnerships with financial service providers.
- Key responsibilities for this role, will include identifying and developing strategic relationships with financial service partners and potential customers, assisting in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect customer contact, working with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Identifying and engaging suitable bank, microfinance and consumer finance channel partners
- Understanding the nuanced operations and priorities of financial service institutions, and effectively pitching the importance of adding a business line, centered around Greenlight Planet’s range of solar solutions, to their core business.
- Maintaining prospects and relationships through regular contact and customer service.
- Assisting in the development of marketing literature.
- Attending trade shows, seminars, conferences and industry training programs.
- Reading publications regarding emerging markets and trends in technology, and making recommendations on how to effectively leverage these trends into Greenlight Planet’s overall mission and vision.
- Recommending short-term and long-term strategies for business expansion through new product lines or enhanced marketing techniques.
- Making cold calls for new business.
- Scheduling meetings and presentations with prospective clients.
- Keeping client and prospect databases current.
- Has a college/university degree and at least 3-5 years of sales and business development experience in Nigeria. Experience in the West Africa markets will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with large financial service providers (banks, MFIs, Fintechs) will be an added advantage.
- Native / Bilingual proficiency of English and French (speaking and writing) is a requirement.
- A strong communicator, with the ability to effectively communicate Greenlight Planet’s agenda and mission with people at a CXO level.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, that’s open to learning and developing
- Is passionate about his/her work and driven by Greenlight Planet’s social mission of bringing innovative, renewable energy and life-enhancing products to African markets
- Has a strong record of meeting revenue targets, and growing new business lines
- Is well organized and has the ability to multitask.
- A strong people-person, who is able to navigate complex organizations, and has the ability to build relationships with the organization both internally and externally.
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online