Driver Employment at Abt Associates
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver – SHOPS Plus
Req Id: 53404
Abt Associates seeks a Driver to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau States.
The Driver will be responsible for operating a passenger motor vehicle in compliance with national rules and regulations on road usage and in accordance with State Coordinator’s instructions to transport project personnel and official visitors within the city and surrounding area and travel to other cities as needed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventative nature.
- Ensure appropriate materials such as firstaid box and other accessories and available in vehicle and well maintained
- Complete trip tickets or other daily vehicle records
- May be assigned to drive the head of the project or VIP visitors for a portion of the time
- May deliver documents and conduct general business on behalf of the company including basic negotiation skills.
- Support the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc.
- Any other task as may be required
- At least a Senior Secondary School certificate
- A valid driver’s license.
- One year of commercial driving experience.
- Ability to communicate in English is required.
- Must provide good reference of good conduct and behavior from previous employer
- 0-1 years of experience
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.