Operator, Warehouse Job at Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operator, Warehouse
What You Will Do
- Order picking and refill as per the kitting list/requisitions and escalating any emerging issues to supervisor(s)
- To load and unload Lorries including working the logistics to ensure seamless performance of the chain.
- Assist the supervisor in reconciling of stock variances
- Giving continuous information of stock levels in the W/House
- Ensure segregation of materials; good stock from obsolete and any dead stock.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Developing and Building Teams – Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others – Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others – Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Provide Consultation and Advice to Others – Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Participate in cycle counting and stock taking and proper recording of stock figures including updating stock sheets/cards
- Support warehouse attain > 98% stock accuracy.
- Clear understanding and implementation of 6S principles
- Ensure that the warehouse is properly organized at all-time including proper labeling of the materials
- Endeavour for <1% customer complaint by ensuring that right items and the right quantities are assembles/kitted.
- Ensure receipt and arranging of received materials within the same day at their respective locations
- Help the receiving team in inspection and acceptance of any material.
- Ensure that all operations are done in reference to the SOP’s
- Ensure proper handling of retrievals and returns from schools and sites up to and including their segregation safe storage and in giving any subsequent report.
- Minimum of 2-3 years as a warehouse attendant in a busy warehouse
- Certificate in courses related to Logistics/Supply Chain is a key requirement preferred.
- Ability to respond quickly to work dynamics which include method of work, working hours/days etc.
- Good listening skills
- Ability to maintain a clear focus on the activities given and delivering within acceptable time
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to quickly learn and make suggestions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online