Project Assistant 7 / Quality Improvement Officer at Abt Associates
Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant 7 / Quality Improvement Officer – SHOPS Plus
Req Id: 53405
Abt Associates seeks a Quality Improvement Officer to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau States.
The Quality Improvement Officer will be responsible for ensuring trained health workers at the designated States are providing FP/LARC services according to quality standards. He/she will support health facilities in the state to adhere to quality standards in the delivery of FP/LARC services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the RH/FP Quality Improvement Specialist (QIS) and other State Team members to support the state to follow-up and monitor health workers trained on FP/LARC, and ensure adherence to quality standards (including infection prevention and FP counselling)
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders at the state and facility levels to identify gaps in FP/LARC service delivery and design interventions to address the gaps.
- Lead on the operations with state officials to design and implement practical, sustainable supportive supervision and other relevant quality improvement processes for FP/LARC service delivery
- Work closely with the RH/FP Technical Director, Quality Improvement Specialist (QIS) and M&E Director to undertake facility quality assessments and surveys
- Work with State officials and supply chain programs to ensure health facilities have the necessary equipment and supplies to provide high quality FP/LARC services
- Provide support to private sector facilities to adhere to quality standards in the provision of FP/LARC services
- Work collaboratively with other technical staff to ensure effective and timely program implementation.
- Participate in the development of strategy documents, work plans and reports
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system
- Attend relevant meetings at state level and ensure effective linking, learning and sharing
- Attend to other duties as may be identified or assigned.
- RN/RM, degree in Clinical Nursing/Midwifery, relevant Paramedical degree or M.B.B.S degree. (Master’s Degree in Public Health is an advantage)
- A 3-5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and implementing clinical quality improvement and supportive supervision systems (specific experience with FP/LARC is desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Good knowledge and experience of FP/LARC service delivery in resource poor settings
- Ability to run basic statistical analysis and generate good report is needed
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria and the international community.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer, management and organizational skills.
- A proven team player.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to travel within the state at least 50% of the time.
- ( 3+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.