Entry-level Laboratory Technician Job at Bradfield Consulting Limited
Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a clinic in Ondo state, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides information for patient diagnosis and treatment by performing laboratory tests in toxicology, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and microbiology laboratories; receiving, typing, testing, and recording blood bank inventories
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labelling; sorting specimens; checking labelling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready by maintaining inventory of stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials
- Identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment.
Experience and Qualification
- Experience in providing demonstrations and writing technical reports.
- Minimum 1-3 years working experience in a Medical Laboratory, Clinic or hospital or related field.
- A minimum of OND in Science Laboratory Technology or any other related field is required
Competencies and Skills:
- Must be skilled in documentation, analyzing information , chemistry techniques, NAFDAC health regulations, creating a safe & effective environment, infection control, training management, lab environment, clinical lab testing, thoroughness.
- Must reflect ethical and moral attitudes and principles essential for gaining and maintaining the trust of professional associates, the support of the community, and the confidence of the patient and family.
- Maintaining an attitude of respect for the patient and confidentiality of patients’ records and/or diagnoses is key.
- Making decisions concerning the results of quality control and quality assurance measures, and instituting proper procedures to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Good hand and eye coordination and the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy.
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment.
- Time management skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time.
- Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of people.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organisation and to explain complex techniques to interested parties
- Teamwork skills and patience.
- Attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online