Emergency Assistant at the Danish Refugee Council
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Assistant (National Contract Only)
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- We are currently looking for a highly qualified Emergency Project Assistant who can support our team to implement multi-sector programs including food security, WASH, shelter and NFI support.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist during all the processes of rapid multi-sectorial needs assessment and emergency responses
- Assist in mobilizing the communities for the realization of all project / program activities
- Supervise assigned DRC associates and volunteers to meet their contracted obligations
- Disseminating and sharing information with Persons of Concern on their rights and access to services
- Apply technical elements of DRC Emergency multi-sector response, including technical applications of WASH / Food Security / Shelter and general Emergency Distribution strategies
- Plan, supervise and monitor training, awareness and sensitisation activities, including maintenance and verification of all supporting documentation and activities (e.g. pre- and post-tests).
- At field level keep good relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other international and local stakeholders.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to knowledgeable on general emergency programming, particularly within an INGO context.
- You should have both project and people management skills, as well as the flexibility to work with competing priorities. Team work and motivation is a must..
- All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Higher Diploma
- Two years Work experience with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and/or displaced population
- Experience implementing Emergency Programs, multi sector preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries, duty bearers and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English Language and have a sound knowledge of the local languages of Maiduguri and Mubi.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve results
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to work in a variety of environments and in remote locations without communication or amenities.
- Remains productive when under pressure with ability to prioritise effectively, and respects and adheres to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email application software.
- Contract length: 5 months
- Level: SB4
- Expected start date: February 1 2018
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online