Professor (Arabic Language) Job at the Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
The Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, FUDMA was established by the Federal Government in 2011 and is located in Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State. The institution is ICT-driven, envisioned to be a top ranking, world-class university, committed to excellence in research, teaching and learning as well as the production of generations of leaders with passion for service and nationalism.
In compliance with the directives of the Governing Council and in line with relevant regulations, applications are hereby solicited from interested and qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professor
Location: Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
Academic Dept./Field: Arabic Language
- Candidates should be holders of PhD degree from a recognised university with at least fourteen (14) years experience in teaching, research and academic administration in a University or similar institutions.
- Candidates must be specialists in core areas of a relevant field of study with evidence of scholarly publications in reputable local and international peer-reviewed journals.
- Candidates should be able to develop new programs, conduct/guide research and demonstrate competence in academic and administrative leadership as well as academic supervision.
- Candidates should have evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge certificate, exemption certificate or certificate of exclusion where applicable
- Computer literacy is essential
- Appointment would be subjected to external assessment before assumption of duty where applicable
- Candidates must attach evidence of possession of national identification number (in line with the requirements of the National Identification Number Regulations, 2017)
- Candidates should ask three referees to individually send, under confidential cover, referee reports to the Registrar to be received latest by the closing date of receipt of applications.
Conditions of Service
- Salary and allowances is approved for federal universities and as determined from time to time by the Federal Government and the Governing Council.
- Other conditions of service applicable to the position is as approved and reviewed by the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their applications, attached to which shall be photocopies of credentials and comprehensive and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) duly signed and dated. The CV format acceptable can be Accessed Here (PDF) for compliance.
All applications and referee reports are to be addressed and sent to:
Federal University Dutsin-Ma,
Note: Applications are to be received by the Registrar sealed, under confidential cover and marked “Post of Professor” at the top left hand corner of the envelope.