Admin Supervisor Role at the Alliance for International Medical Action
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are seeking to recruit dynamic and suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians for our Lassa Fever Emergency Medical Response Project, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Supervisor
Location: Owo, Ondo State
Position Level: 6
Direct Supervisor: Log. Coordinator
- The Admin Supervisor is responsible for the management of the administrative files of the national staff and the administrative and accounting management of the project where he works.
Mission and Principal Activities
Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Assigns work, provides direction to staff and ensures that assigned tasks are completed. Ensures effective and appropriate staff coverage.
- Monitors the performance of staff. Provides feedback on their performance and conducts performance evaluation.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff by performing duties such as advertising vacancies locally, screening resumes, interviewing applicants and providing input on selection.
- Evaluates, develops and recommends office procedures and practices to senior management. Ensures that approved office policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
- Performs a variety of secretarial duties such as drafting and typing routine correspondence, arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Maintains a variety of financial records such as petty cash fund, purchase orders and cheque requisitions. Provides input into budget formulation.
- Maintains staff and program information using spreadsheet and/or database software.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- He captures the variable elements of the payroll in Homer
- He validates the requests of instalments and records them on Homer,
- He collects the attendance sheets and notes the various absences, collects overtime cards and checks their validity, and enters these in the Homer payroll software.
He/she establishes the monthly pay slips:
- It publishes the ballots and verifies that each ballot is correctly established,
- He has checked and targeted salary listings by the logistician-administration or field administration manager,
- It prints the bulletins and closes the pay of the month.
At the end of the contract, he establishes the balances of all accounts:
- It verifies the rights to paid holidays, enters the variable elements of the salary into the payroll software,
- He/she prints payslips and gives to staffs and files acknowledged copy
- He causes these elements to be targeted and transmitted to the employee.
Administrative and Accounting Management
- He/she in charge of accounting management under the supervision of the logistics and administration manager and under the responsibility of the Accountant, in strict compliance with ALIMA internal procedures
- He reports the inconsistencies to the Accounting Coordinator or the Field Administration Coordinator.
He/she is responsible for the sums entrusted to him in his safe and manages them with discretion:
- Maintains follow-up workbooks (for operational advances, payroll, suppliers’ advances) and ensures that advances are delivered on time, justified by invoices and do not accumulate,
- Ensures at least weekly that his physical inventory corresponds to the balance of his workbook in the presence of his supervisor,
- Checks the balance of bank statements,
- Signs any difference in cash on his notebook and his manager as soon as he finds it.
- Plans cash demands based on daily needs during the month (payday advances, month-end pay, daily needs – operational advances and direct payment
- Provides monthly cash flow with its supervisor and communicates it to the financial coordinator,
- Signals with his supervisor any operational changes that may require additional funds.
He shall pay the suppliers on time (direct payment / operational advances):
- Receives invoices and receipts, ensures that they are consistent and conform, that they are validated by the purchasing officer and in accordance with the purchasing procedure in force,
- Informs his supervisor of any difference in price and quantity detected in order to resolve or validate it,
- Pay by the most appropriate means (cash, checks, transfers) and ensure that they are received by the recipient (stamp, signature …).
- Remains discreet about the professional and personal life of team members.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.