Agro-processing Specialist Job at Kogi State Government
Kogi State Government, under the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Lokoja, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Agro-processing Specialist (State Project Office)
Function and Responsibilities
- The incumbent under guidance of SPC will coordinate and identify improved agro-processing technologies which are apt for all processing activities of all the crops, livestock and fisheries supported under this project.
- The incumbent will further work on dissemination and follow- up on identified agro-processing technologies.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- First degree in Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural mechanization, Agronomy, Food technology, Agricultural Economics, and other related disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in agribusiness, agro processing and supply chain management
- Previous experience in value chain development including vertical and horizontal coordination of farmers group and backward integration
- Ability to build partnership with technology innovation centers, agro-allied commercial technology businesses and financial institutions
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the address below addressed to the “Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources”:
The Officer of the Commissioner,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,