Child Protection IMS Officer Job at the International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection IMS Officer
- The post-holder will support the role out of the IA CP IMS for individual case management through efficient and accurate data entry at national level and through support, training and capacity-building of CPIMS assistants and other Case management actors/users in all field locations.
- The post holder will be supporting the CP Manager the focal point for managing the flow, organisation and analysis of individual cases and will produce monthly, disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress on separation work.
Scope Of Role
- Reports to: CP Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: CPIMS Assistant
Key Areas Of Accountability
- Manage the CPIMS, use the database to ensure the information flow for verification, referrals, case transfers and reunification
- Monitor adherence to procedure on individual cases and ensure that roles and responsibilities are upheld
- Train and mentor the CPIMS assistants to be able to undertake similar responsibilities, how to make the entries, and filling of the case management paper forms.
- Support the field teams on the use of the database, registration equipment, data backups and data screening
- Support the day to day entries, exports and back up from the CPIMS assistants
- Provide technical support to the Case management/ CPIMS taskforce members on the implementation of the CPIMS in their respective areas of operation.
- Support with trouble shooting on challenges that the CPIMS assistants will be facing on the implementation of the CPIMS.
- Support CP Manager to create synergies between the CPIMS and the case management task force so as to discuss the trends and analysis.
- Collect, review and screen all data or reports from the field CPIMS assistants before sharing it with national level partners.
- Produce weekly and monthly, disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress on case management work internally. Periodically run the trends and analysis from the CP IMS.
- Ensure data is synchronised from state level offices to the main database
- Ensure regular back-end from data clerks is imported to the CP IMS.
- Track individual cases that have outstanding/overdue actions and work closely with the CP teams to ensure progress on these cases
- Ensure that good practice is followed in managing and storage of information with respect for Do No Harm principles and confidentiality and adherence to the information sharing protocol
Skills And Behaviours
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, and external partners
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a Diploma from a recognized institution in IT or other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years working experience in IT/ data management field with an international NGO or other globally recognized institution.
- Minimum of one year experience of working with CPIMS
- Previous experience in data management, previous experience of data management/information management systems in child protection programming preferred.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff and ministry
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Excel (fundamental) and database software
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English Excellent team player
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to plan well, set own targets and meet them
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Be both self-reliant and have the ability to lead and co-operate with others.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Senior Human Resource Manager IRC” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org