Drivers Opening at International Alert Nigeria
International Alert employs over 200 people of 30 nationalities both in our London offices and in the regions where we work. Most are full-time staff, but we also employ consultants, interns and volunteers.
Job Title: Driver
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Driver plays an important role in supporting office operations for International Alert offices daily, program and administrative staff must be able to reach meetings and carry out activities in and around Abuja in a timely manner and focused states.
- Additionally, mail, supplies, and other materials needed for operations need to be picked up and delivered.
- It is the job of the Driver to ensure that office transport is timely and reliable.
- The position is supervised by the Finance and Operations Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
The Driver will work on a 40-hour per week schedule, reporting at 8:00am and working until 5:00pm (including 1-hour lunch break).
The Driver is expected to perform all duties listed below:
- Drive the official vehicle in a safe manner, respectful of laws and the needs of staff and passengers
- Maintains an accurate log of all vehicle movement, maintenance, and repairs in accordance with Alert policies and procedures
- Respond promptly to request for vehicle use by appropriate staff.
- Procure and replenish fuel, oil, and other inputs in a cost-effective manner that ensures reliable use of the vehicle.
- Ensure that the Finance and Operations Manager or his designate is kept abreast of all routine maintenance and repair needs for the vehicle.
- Keep the interior and exterior of the official vehicle clean at all times
- Represent Alert well with the public through routine promptness, proper appearance, and respect for laws, passengers, and the general public.
- Assist with general office support duties related to procurements, etc.
- At least five years’ experience as a professional driver.
- Must be resident and have knowledge of operational city.
- Must have good knowledge of inter-state travel routes.
- Must also be familiar with organizations, government offices, and businesses in Maiduguri.
- Must be able to speak, read, write English very well.
- Must be able to speak Hausa.
- Ability to speak Kanuri a strong plus.
- Experience with INGO is preferable, Good vision required.
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter and copy of valid driver’s license to: MAboh@international-alert.org