Logistic Supervisor Job at the Alliance for International Medical Action
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are seeking to recruit dynamic and suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians for our Lassa Fever Emergency Medical Response Project, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic Supervisor
Location: Owo, Ondo State
Position Level: 6
Direct Supervisor: Log. Coordinator
Main Function (s)
- The Admin Supervisor is responsible for the management of the administrative files of the national staff and the administrative and accounting management of the project where he works.
- Supervise the daily logistics activities. and provide maintenance to the ALIMA equipments, facilities and infrastructures, according to ALIMA protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission
- Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to ALIMA standards.
- Ensure the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager supervision.
- Carrying out daily visits to the facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line manager.
- Evaluating rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work in accordance with instructions given by his supervisor, and accounting to him/her on progress
- Checking that premises observe security norms (fire extinguishers present, electrical installations earthed, etc.).
- Monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles /machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to ALIMA standards
- Coordinate and lead the logistics team under his/her responsibility, in particular:
- Defining each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis and checking the quality of their work (punctuality, rigour, quality, etc.).
- Drawing up working schedules for logistics teams for each department or facility.
- Organising and leading meetings of the team under his supervision.
- Participating in the recruitment of personnel for his team.
- Attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
For ALIMA: Ensure vehicle fleet maintenance:
- Planning and overseeing timely preventative and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to ALIMA standards.
- Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
- Manage and follow up orders, namely (note: this does not apply for ALIMA)
- Collect logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities,
- Draw up and follow up orders according to the procedures in force.
- Provide technical support to the storekeeper
- Make local purchases according to ALIMA supply procedures
- Ensure reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of material before its shipment.
- Essential Secondary education and formal technical training
- At least one year in ALIMA or 2 years in a similar post out of ALIMA
- Mission language essential; local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Stress Management.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work may be requested depending on the needs of the mission.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.