Systems/Server Administrator needed at Dream Mesh
Dream Mesh is a disruptive technological firm that aspires to bring creative and innovative solutions that will power you, your business and your brand to greater profitability. Our world class team promises to innovate and deliver business solutions that will optimize productivity, efficiency and profitability of your business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems/Server Administrator
- The System Administrator’s role is to manage in-house computer software systems, servers, storage devices and network connections to ensure high availability and security of the supported business applications.
- This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage virtual and physical servers
- Manage Active Directory, server and workstation patching.
- Manage the physical and virtual environment.
- Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
- Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs.
- Manage vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
- Build and deploy new servers on the network as needed.
- Have familiarity with NAS and SAN storage management, and MS DFS.
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Deploy workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems, and appliances security systems.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users.
- 2-3 years’ experience is system/serve admin or similar role
- Familiarity with range of operating systems such as Microsoft, Unix, Linux. Preferably Redhat Linux OS
- Be familiar with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy.
- Certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional will be of added advantage, Microsoft Certified System Administrator
- Peripheral knowledge with computer coding and programming will be of added advantage
- Professional and patient with customers (both internal & external)
- Excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
- Ability to maintain calm when dealing with a crisis.
- Constant learner and researcher
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or ICT
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online