Box Office Supervisor Job at Teclab Management Services Limited
Teclab Management Services Limited is a specialist consulting firm dedicated to human resource services and management. Founded on a philosophy and style that has positioned her to consistently provide a reliable and effective work force as well as manage total overhaul, re-engineering and training services to her numerous clients since 2006.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Box Office Supervisor
Purpose and Scope of the Post
- To supervise the Box Office and its staff and to maximize all sales opportunities, ensuring targets are reached and high standards of customer care are maintained.
- This position reports to the Box Office Manager and ultimately to the General Manager. The Box Office Supervisor is responsible for the smooth and effective running of the Box Office, the ticketing system and financial matters within the Box Office and is responsible for supervising box office staff.
- The Box Office is the center for all ticket sales including telephone, web and over the counter bookings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all Box Office procedures and systems are maintained at all times
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service are maintained at all times and that the ethos of customer care is cultivated throughout the Box Office
- Set and maintain a highly professional attitude towards serving the public for all members of the box office team
- In conjunction with the Box Office Manager ensure the Box Office is adequately staffed to deal with customer demand
- Supervise and maintain the box office ticketing system including back-up procedures; liaison with the software and hardware providers as required
- In conjunction with the Box Office Manager ensure all aspects of the ticketing and membership system are fully operational and functioning for the priority booking period
- In conjunction with the Box Office Manager, ensure smooth running and accuracy of the ticketing website
- Supervise processing and ensure accuracy of internet sales
- Provide accurate data and reports to the General Manager, Marketing Manager and Development Manager as required Bookings
- Monitor and ensure that all bookings are processed in a timely fashion and remain up-to-date
- Supervise the box office team
- In conjunction with the Box Office Manager to ensure all staff are trained to a competent level
- In conjunction with the Box Office Manager to roster staff ensuring that the box office is adequately staffed at all times including temporary box offices at venues during Festive periods
- In conjunction with the Box Office Manager to create a supportive, enjoyable and efficient working environment for the Box Office team
- Ensure that all Box Office staff balance their cash floats and that all staff reports and takings are reconciled before they finish each day
- Reconcile cumulative sales at the end of each day and return all monies daily to the General Manager for banking
- Actively contribute to an effective and efficient filing system for all box office related records and correspondence
- Actively and diligently use the daily Box Office running systems to ensure a positive and productive work environment
- Ensure adequate ticket/stationary stock is in place at the Box Office at all times
- Awareness of health and safety issues within the work environment and setting of an exemplary standard for other members of staff
- First degree in any discipline. 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Person Specification; Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience at box office
- Experience in the use of a computerized ticketing system
- A proven track record of excellent customer service
- Experience in staff supervision
- Ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time and stress management
- Great attention to detail
- Numerical aptitude and accuracy
- Financial management including cash handling and analysis
- Fluent English
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Team player
- Flexibility regarding work schedule
- Computer literacy and knowledge and experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes/CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Stating their location. e.g. Box Office Supervisor- Lagos