Business Development Advisor Job at Plan International
Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Advisor
Req ID 25645
Location: Nigeria (travel required) The position is based in Maiduguri and is unaccompanied
Type of Role: 3 year Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager
- The purpose of the role is to lead the Business Development process for Plan International Nigeria’s humanitarian response while engaging and supporting the Country Office in general.
- In this role you will be required to communicate within Plan International Nigeria especially with Resource Mobilization Advisor, Grant Coordinator, Finance HR, Admin & Logistics.
- Lead communication with National Offices and related government institutions.
- In addition you will manage the business development activities and proposal development of the response and also support the Nigeria CO. Contribute towards the capacity building of Plan International Nigeria staff.
Do you have what it takes?
- In order to succeed in this varied and challenging role you will need demonstrable knowledge and practical experience in advising business development in humanitarian response.
- General knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles and core standards. For example CPIE Minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE and other relevant international standard for humanitarian response.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
Our organisational values are designed to help everyone who works with us achieve our ambitious goals for children, especially girls:
- We are open and accountable
- We strive for lasting impact
- We work well together
- We are inclusive and empowering
Circa $40,000.00 USD per annum plus benefits
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.