Human Resources Officer Job at the United Nations Children’s Fund
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer, P-2
Job Number: 510357
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
How can you make a difference?
- Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager and within the framework of organizational staff learning and development policies, responsible for the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of state-of- the-arts learning and training programmes for UNICEF Nigerian staff.
- Based on the assessment of existing competencies as well as identified learning/training needs in staff members’ PERs, assist in designing and implementing innovative and focused staff development strategies capable of delivering real performance gains to UNICEF Nigeria within available budgets.
- Systematically and objectively assesses staff and organizational learning/training needs based on annual performance review and office priorities and in line with the learning/training Policy thrust of UNICEF.
- Implement cost-effectively the approved range of courses by mobilizing internal resources (including UNICEF e-learning courses)- AGORA, for their execution with the thrust coming from the incumbent and thereby reducing dependence on external consultants.
- Lead and manage the interface between external training providers and UNICEF Nigeria, ensuring that the training given meets staff needs and contributes to the acquisition/development of competencies required for an effective implementation of the Country Programme.
- In consultation with the Supervisor, the Chairperson of the Learning and Staff Development committee (LSDC), the Chief of Operations and Chiefs of Programme Sections, develop best practices in all aspects of staff development, performance management and constantly evaluates the effectiveness of training programmes to determine challenges and areas of improvement.
- Assist in securing specialist advice, guidance to line management on training and development and to ensure that learning becomes an integral part of staff development.
- Develop appropriate relationships for staff development between the Country Office and Zone/Field Offices that promotes learning/training/coaching initiatives and would shape a learning culture in UNICEF Nigeria.
- Identify and establish Training infrastructure (through consultation with the Country Management Team and OLDS/NYHQ) appropriate to the delivery of a range of quality services in the area of programme management, in particular.
- Prepare induction/orientation programmes for all new staff and facilitate the implementation and monitoring of such programmes.
- Develop learning/training programmes for existing employees to ensure that staff are given appropriate training opportunities that contribute to their professional development.
- Contribute to providing or, at least securing, through internal and external resources, guidance and coaching services to staff in work related areas, career development, interpersonal relations and other issues that could be of real interest and concern to staff.
- Keep and maintain up-to-date staff personal training history and record for career planning purposes and administration. Provide on-going updates to established training programs already in place.
- Review at the end of year the Office’s achievement with regard to the annual learning/training plan and activities, highlighting success, weaknesses and challenges; and draft a report including recommendations for consideration in the preparation of the Annual Management Plan, as well as submission to the regional office.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field with specialized training in Learning and staff development.
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the international level in managing and delivering training and staff development programmes for multinational organizations.
- A good knowledge of Research on Training/Learning and Staff Development would be an asset.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) are required.
- For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.