Financial Controller Role at Legacy Hotel and Suites
Legacy Hotel and Suites gives you the luxury of an international standard hotel with the freedom and space of home, by offering you the flexibility of choosing individual guestrooms or a complete fully fitted apartment, described as an urban oasis, offers unique style, spacious guestrooms and suites and especially gracious services that make it an ideal getaway spot for business and leisure travelers alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- As an Accounting Manager, he/she should provide the Owners, General Manager, and other management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data.
- Additionally responsible for managing the audit function in hotel to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the guests have best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes.
- Represents the finance department on the daily department heads meeting with the general manager.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget.
- Calculate and distribute wages and salaries.
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
- Prepare financial statements and debtors’ listings.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same.
- Enters invoices into accounts payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and obtaining General Manager’s approval.
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units.
- Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
- Performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork, benefits, performance appraisals, disciplinary action forms and other pertinent personnel documents are filed appropriately and maintained in accordance with the company HR practices.
- Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors.
- Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit.
- Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
- Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training, productive coaching, regular meetings, and appropriate performance management.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
- Charted Accountant or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Graduate in Accounting.
- 2 to 5 years demonstrated accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality or food and beverage environment and quality with a background that includes forecasting.
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com