Geographical Information (GIS) Data Analyst at Turbo Energy Nigeria Limited
Turbo Energy Nigeria Limited was incorporated as an engineering & contracting company providing a broad range of engineering services and products to diverse industries including the power distribution, power transmission, power generation, telecommunications, petroleum & gas, and marine industries. Through the years, Turbo Energy has provided various services to different utilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geographical Information (GIS) Data Analyst
- Geographical information systems analysts perform analysis on data sets stored in a GIS database.
- The GIS Data Analyst designs, compiles and analyzes data; and prepares data, maps and mapping application.
- The GIS analyst interprets and studies geographical information, developing functional geographical plans and programs and showing the relationships between various locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize GIS techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given location
- Analyze and document software requirements. Prepare, design specifications, develop software, create and implement test plans
- Maintains databases and ensures that these databases are up to date and accurate.
- Gathers field data for use in various mapping applications
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the use of GIS and any related software problems. Conducts complex analysis using ArcGIS in a variety of projects.
- Devising and organizing the environmental condition information update monthly by using automatic sensing information and commodities
- Collection of geographical information, storage, analysis and presentation of GIS information
- Coordinates GIS activities with programmers and technicians. Responsible for updating, maintaining mapping standards and work processes.
- Provides support and training on various aspects of GIS software, database creation and use.
- Implements procedures to standardize and streamline information flows and data management to support project operations and improve interagency coordination with clients/ business partners and other agencies
- Conducts GIS data capture using global positioning equipment and other means. Develops comprehensive documentation on all aspects of GIS data creation, management, and quality assurance procedures.
- Creates, maintains, and conducts Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) of geographic data sets using a variety of software and source data.
- Provides support for GIS data conversion, systems integration and application’s development and implementation. Creates final map products using a variety of GIS software
- Conducts Global Positioning System (GPS) surveying and data post-processing for GIS database development efforts.;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geoinformatics, Geography, Surveying, Cartography, Social Science or related field. Masters degree in Geoinformatics, Geography, Surveying will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of GIS data principles, practices and Techniques, Cartography and data collection systems.
- Ability to perform GIS data conversion/editing, GIS maps production, spatial database management, spatial analysis/reporting tasks.
- Ability to interpret land descriptions, maps, drawings, charts, plans, survey records, and aerial photos
- Advanced knowledge and skill in the operation of GIS surveying and related equipment, including computer hardware, plotter/printer setup, GPS.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD is preferred.
- Ability to create maps and charts from multiple layers of data.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- Experience with ESRI software, specifically the ArcGIS suite (ArcInfo, ArcView, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox) and ESRI’s extensions (Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must possess good problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in computer usage- (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com