Housekeeping Manager needed at Legacy Hotel and Suites
Legacy Palace Hotel gives you the luxury of an international standard hotel with the freedom and space of home, by offering you the flexibility of choosing individual guestrooms or a complete fully fitted apartment
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hosekeeping Manager
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, plans and assigns work assignments, give training for newly recruited employees, audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies.
- Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed.
- Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly.
- Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff.
- Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast.
- Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department. Recruit and train new employees.
- Assigns new employees to work with experienced help.
- Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the report made by the supervisors.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs. Maintains a lost-and-found department and is responsible for all lost-and-found items.
- Determines the rightful owner and send correspondences.
Responsibilities & Authority:
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures Prepare reports for management information.
- Attending and resolving guest complaints. Verification of supplies consignments.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms.
- Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
- Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department.
- Immediately attending to guest requests.
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, or any relevant qualification.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience
- Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge.
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com