Payroll Specialist, West Africa Role at Mondelez International
Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, MondelÄ’z International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Specialist, West Africa
Job Number: 1801000
- Collation of Inputs
- Uploads/Processing of data on Human Manager
- Extract Schedules for PAYE Remittances and send to Finance for payment
- Extract Payroll Journals and reconcile with Finance monthly
- Escalate and resolve payroll issues with Systemspecs and IS unit timely
- Interaction with local unions (NUFBTE & FOBTOB) on dues deductions and monthly reconciliations
Pension Funds Administration:
- Ensure prompt remittance of monthly pension deductions for Nigeria.
- Management of all ten (10) Pension Fund Administration (PFA) related issues with PFAs and PFCs
- Provides updated proof of pension remittances to all 10 PFAs monthly.
- Organises PFA forum for Ikeja and Ondo Sites annually to educate employees.
- Handles all pension related matters for employees – (Under-remittances, data changes, retirements, claims, etc.)
- Provides assistance to ex-employees in making withdrawals from their RSA Accounts.
- Physical interaction with PFA representatives on quarterly basis
NHF Remittances / Loan Administration:
- Ensure prompt remittance of monthly NHF deductions for Nigeria
- Monthly generation of Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) for invoice generation and payment
- Coordinate NHF registration for new employees and submit same to the Ikeja branch
- Process NHF loans & Commercial Banks’ loan as well as handle correspondences for CNP staff
Expatriate Quota Preparation and Submission:
- Monthly preparation and physical submission of Expatriate quota to Nigeria Immigration office, Lagos
- Regular visitation and interactions with the NIS office for prompt resolution of Expatriates matters
Exit staff entitlements computations and issuance of approved letters:
- Liaise with Local branch and National unions on pay related issues in line with local and national collective agreements
Manage Annual Tax audits for Local & Expat staff and other tax matters:
- Interaction with internal and external Auditors on payroll & statutory audits
- Provide evidence of tax returns during periodic tax authority compliance visits
- Manage physical audits in all 36 states and FCT on PAYE matters and resolution of queries
- Liaise with Tax Manager on staff relocations and annual tax returns
Ghana Payroll Administration:
- Coordinate Ghana payroll management
- Ensure prompt and correct remittance of PAYE, SSNIT & PF monthly
- Provide back-up support for Ghana payroll administrations
- Manage Ghana Ministry of Labour and National union official visits to Ghana office
Upload Staff Benefits:
- Upload approved staff claims and related benefits on Bank platform
- University degree in Human Resources, Accounting/Finance or any related course.
- Fluent English, good PC knowledge (MS Office)
- Excellent Knowledge of Human Manager, SAP or other ERP tool
- Deep understanding of country specifics pay & Compensation laws
- Heavy contacts with Labour Office, Regulatory agencies, (36 Tax offices, PFAs, Immigration office, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet set deadlines
- Good appreciation and knowledge of MS office suites
- Problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills (speak local Nigerian Languages)
- Ability to create / drive team spirit
- High ethical standard and level of integrity
- Min. 2-3 years of experience in similar function
- Demonstrable experience in handling/managing Payroll/Tax audits, Pension, NHF and Immigration matters
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online