Deputy Rector Opening at a Private Polytechnic
A private Polytechnic located in South-East Nigeria, invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Rector
- The Deputy Rector will actively support the Rector in the strategic leadership and management of the Polytechnic and in supervising supportive functions through line reports.
The Candidate must:
- Hold a Masters or a Doctorate degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of fifteen (15) years professional/ administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in an institution of comparable status.
- Be a Chief Lecturer with not less than five (5) years-experience on that cadre.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body bodies in Nigeria.
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable Journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and/or workshop.
- Must be medically fit and present evidence of medical fitness (from a Government Hospital).
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages and capabilities.
- Must be morally sound and of impeccable character.
- Be a person with initiative and vision for ensuring the accelerated growth and development of the Polytechnic.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to submit an application letter and Curriculum Vitae giving the details below in the following order to: email@example.com
- Full names (Surname first).
- Date and place of birth.
- State of origin and Local Government Area.
- Married Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current postal address including telephone number and e-mail address.
- Educational institution attended with dates.
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of professional bodies/Associations.
- Honours and distinction (if any).
- Academic/scholarly publications: National and International.
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates (National and International).
- (Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates.
- Present employment to include: status; salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Statement of own Vision for a leading Polytechnic.
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and addresses of three referees (Employer, Educational and Personal).
Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capabilities.
- Applicants will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview. Photocopies of credentials will not be accepted.
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.