Chief Finance Officer Job at a Large Financial Institution – BPI Advisory
BPI Advisory – On behalf of our client, a pioneer and one of the largest financial institutions in Nigeria with a network of branches spread across the country, offering a full range of insurance products and services.
We are inviting focused, result oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the the position below:
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
- The Chief Finance Officer position is responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy.
- He/She is responsible for designing the metrics that help in the implementation of the financial strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve the company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Provide hands-on leadership in the management of the company’s finance and accounts functions in both life and non-life insurance businesses
- Lead the development of the Company’s revenue and expenditure budgets
- Monitor and direct the implementation of company’s expenditure budgets
- Monitor the company’s cash flow and ensure the company is sufficiently liquid to finance its operations
- Advise the company’s senior management on the optimal current/fixed asset ratio in line with the regulatory requirements
- Lead the preparation of the final accounts including Profit/Loss account and balance sheet Develop and implement financial control systems in order to mitigate financial losses
- Design and implement a system that ensures financial records are well filed and easy to retrieve Advise the company’s senior management on profitable investment opportunities that yield high returns
- Provide advice to senior management on tax requirements for all financial transactions Provide leadership to the finance team through setting goals, coaching and appraising the
- performance of individual staff
- Implement operational best practices with particular emphasis on cost-effectiveness Ensure required timelines are constantly met in filing financial returns to the company’s business regulators from time to time
- Maintain strong relationships with Banks
- Represent the company with financial institutions and investors
Qualification, Experience and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field with Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ICAN or ACCA plus 10 years of progressively responsible experience in an insurance company and at least 6 years’ experience at executive management level. Possession of a Master’s Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- Proven audit and training experience especially in life and non-life insurance businesses Proven skills in managing change, achieving results, ensuring quality, and building teams and capacity
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel and accounting packages, Excellent skill in Information and Communication Technology, especially as it relates to the insurance business
- Sound knowledge of regional and global trends in the insurance industry as well as an
- understanding of the key macroeconomic drivers,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, relational, planning and organization skills. Between 40 years and 45 years of age
Application Closing Date
6PM; 13th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com
For Enquiries: Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS to: +2348094111000