HIV Technical Lead Job at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HIV Technical Lead
- The HIV Technical Lead will provide technical support to the NPHIA project to ensure maximum impact. The HIV Technical Lead will lead the development and implementation of selected workplan activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the design of protocol, manuals, SOP’s and training materials across disciplines
- Lead IRB approval processes and modifications
- Design and implement overall quality assurance strategic plan across all areas and ensure quality of population based surveillance data.
- Monitor and increase survey quality through sampling techniques, survey response monitoring, adherence to consent forms, specimen and testing quality.
- Work with Lab Technical Lead to monitory quality of biological specimens and lab data quality.
- Prepare monthly NPHIA quality report
- Develop and monitor referral system and lab results distribution to client and facility
- Lead Technical Lead Quality Assurance Weekly meetings.
- Contribute to staff orientation, training and ensure staff possess excellent knowledge of technical area and approach strategies.
- Contribute to knowledge base, communication priorities and materials developed for community mobilization and communication/dissemination documents.
- Assist in the design, planning and implementation of surveys
- Work with FMOH, NACA, and local health facilities to strengthen HIV surveillance and linkage to care
- Work with the state government and facilities to provide support and guidance on project monitoring and evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Advanced degree in clinical field such as M.D., MD/PhD or MBBS with Infectious Disease training.
- Demonstrated success in leading clinical program and clinical quality improvement projects in low-resource settings is required with expertise in training, curriculum development, CQI evaluation, supportive supervision and/or institutional capacity building.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online