Laboratory Technical Lead at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technical Lead
- The NPHIA Laboratory Technical Lead will be responsible for the development and implementation of a strategy to measure specific HIV seroprevalence, incidence and other HIV biomarkers and metabolites across the country of Nigeria for the NPHIA survey.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a laboratory strategic plan that aligns with other activities planned for the NPHIA and participates in project and leadership meetings
- Develop and ensure the implementation of laboratory policies, SOPs and manuals to implement a large scale national population-based household survey with biomarkers.
- Oversee the conduct of laboratory assessments (satellite and central labs) to select appropriate laboratories for the study and optimize for the conduct of the survey
- Develop a Sample Storage Plan to ensure appropriate sample storage conditions that maintain both short and long term sample integrity
- Develop a local specimen repository for storage and future use
- Working with survey stakeholders, develop policy and guidelines for national specimen repository and use
- Develop training materials, referral system, data management systems evaluation.
- Overall responsibility for the collection, processing, testing, transportation, and storage of high quality biologic specimen from households to satellite and central laboratories
- Contribute to the development of project protocols and IRB submission/modifications
- Oversee laboratory personnel training and capacity building to in analyzing all laboratory test results promptly
- Lead the design of protocols, manuals, SOP’s and training materials for laboratory
- Work with technical leads to develop a laboratory chain of custody to ensure client samples are tested and client receives results.
- Provides oversight and technical assistance in strengthening laboratory systems and accreditation.
- Oversee the development and implementation of sample biorepository for the FMOH.
- Provide workplan and supervision to laboratory field staff.
- Provide technical support to logistics and procurement to ensure laboratory supplies are available for survey teams.
- Develop a framework for the institutionalization of laboratory quality management programs
- Provide consultation to public, private, professional, and academic partners in substantive matters related to public health and clinical laboratory practice and training. This includes scientific and technical assistance in methodology, study design, project and data management.
- PhD in Microbiology with 10 + years experience in laboratory strengthening activities.
Application Closing Date
6th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online