Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer Job at a Large Financial Institution
BPI Advisory – On behalf of our client, a pioneer and one of the largest financial institutions in Nigeria with a network of branches spread across the country, offering a full range of insurance products and services.
We are inviting focused, result oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will serve as the principal strategy and business development executive of the company and will have ultimate P&L responsibility. He/She will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing short, medium and long-term strategies that will ensure the continued growth and profitability of the company. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Champion the formulation of the company’s strategies and ensure implementation.
- Serve as a key brand icon for the company, creating a niche for it in the insurance sector and consistently reinforcing and promoting the corporate brand value and identity.
- Lead the overall business development efforts (including deal sourcing and origination) to ensure the realization of the company’s growth aspirations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and lead the development of relevant strategic alliances.
- Manage the assets, liabilities and human capital of the Company.
- Drive the development of annual operating plans including business plans, operational requirements, staffing and budgets to ensure business continuity.
- Take full ownership of the company’s financial performance and provide periodic update on it to the Board.
Qualification, Experience and Attributes
- A good first degree in any field of study from a reputable tertiary institution. An MBA or any other higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification(s) in insurance (e.g ACII) or equivalent.
- Minimum of 18 years’ post-qualification experience including 12 years’ experience in the insurance industry and at least 10 years’ experience at executive management level.
- Excellent relationship management and strategic networking skills at the highest level in the private and public sectors.
- Strong understanding of the application of risk management in the context of insurance businesses.
- Sound knowledge of regional and global trends in the insurance industry as well as an understanding of the key macroeconomic drivers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, marketing, planning and organization skills.
- Between 45 years and 55 years of age (but this may be waived in exceptional cases)
Application Closing Date
6PM; 13th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com
For Enquiries: Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS to: +2348094111000