Area Finance Manager Job at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Area Finance Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The position is based in Monguno, Borno work under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator
- The Area Finance Manager will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the financial policies of the base.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Disseminate information on the accounting procedures of the base and ensuring that these procedures are respected.
- Ensure field books are close on monthly basis towards the end of the month.
- Ensure that all cash count & bank reconciliation are done at the month end for field books.
- Review the field monthly accountancy to ensure correctness of account codes, budget lines and descriptions used and feedback is sent to all admins on accountancy.
- Prepare detailed report for Finance Coordinator on outstanding/prepaid advances if requested.
- Contribute to grant financial management, donors compliance & budget analysis.
- Implement treasury forecast, cash management, organise performance management and training.
- Conduct internal audit.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance. Master’s Degree is a plus with minimum of 3 years experience in a finance related role.
- Have experience with accounting software; knowledge of SAGA would be a plus.
- Professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy & strong sense of responsibility.
- Exceptional organization, time management and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in Microsoft Excel, literacy and numeracy.
- Be fluent in English and Hausa.
- Possess the capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting.
- Have strong accounting, budget and team management skills.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Advert may close before the due date, once we have received applications from qualified candidates.