Area HR Manager Opening at Action Against Hunger
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area HR Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The position is based in Monguno, Borno and reports to the Field Coordinator. The Area HR Manager is responsible for implementing the HR policies and procedures and provide high quality HR support to staff and programs in Borno State.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement pay and other HR policies and contract management.
- Oversee the implementation of performance management and training for staff at the base
- Provide HR monthly reports.
- Plan and facilitate HR activities in the team: contract, recruitment and employee relation.
- Prepare monthly and mid-month cash forecasts for HR related expenses.
- Prepare field briefing schedule for new staff arriving in the field.
- Lead the identification and development of improved recruitment and retention strategies.
- Filing all documents for international staff, and updating their files in line with Head of HR’s direction.
- Maintain the international staff database at field level.
- Provide advice to the senior management team on staffing and administration.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a bachelor’s degree in human resources or similar field. Post graduate qualification in human resources is an added advantage.
- Possess a minimum of three years of HR generalist experience with at least 1 year HR experience in an INGO/NGO across all HR disciplines, including but not limited to employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution.
- Have excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel).
- Ability to work in a stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have strong organizational, communication skills and capacity to deal with difficult situations.
- Interest & commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team.
- Be fluent written & spoken English.
- Proven ability to maintain core HR values of confidentiality, fairness and discretion.
- Have strong commitment to Action Against Hunger mission & core values.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online