Chief of Party – Agriculture Competitiveness (AgCompete) Project at Tetra Tech Nigeria
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party – Agriculture Competitiveness (AgCompete) Project
- Tetra Tech is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the Chief of Party position on the upcoming USAID-funded Agriculture Competitiveness/West Africa Trade Hub (AgCompete/WATH) Project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the AgCompete/WATH Project is to improve private sector competitiveness by increasing the agricultural productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria, and by promoting West Africa’s regional and international trade. The Activity comprises of three main components:
- Design of a Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships;
- Administration of the Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives.
- The Trade Hub will contribute to both USAID/Nigeria’s Feed the Future objectives related to increasing the agricultural competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria as well as USAID/West Africa’s objective to increase broad-based growth and resilience.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall implementation strategy.
- The COP will be the principal liaison between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners and will provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors.
- The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID.
- Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Business Management, Agricultural Economics, International Development, or another relevant field required.
- Required minimum of 10 years of professional experience in designing and implementing development projects in at least one of the following technical disciplines: agricultural value chain development, agribusiness and related SME development, expanded access to agricultural finance, public private partnership facilitation and implementation, export and investment promotion within the agriculture sector; regional trade.
- Previous experience as COP for large-scale (>$25 million) USAID funded project required.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and managing successful multi-sectoral donor-funded projects in Africa required; relevant experience in Nigeria preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant Nigerian and West African regional institutions preferred.
- Experience managing large grants under contract preferred.
- Professional fluency in English required.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
- Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.