Graduate Logistic Officers Vacancy at Raociss Global
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the various supply chain performance measurement systems and looks for ways to make improvements.
- Creates and updates policies and procedures for all logistics activities with a special eye on safety.
- Maintains a plethora of records and reports such as process documentation, customer service logs and safety records.
- Ensures that specific customer requirements are met including special internal reports and customized transportation metrics.
- Assists in the selection of carriers based on qualifications and performance evaluations.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations regarding logistics and makes sure carriers are also in compliance.
- Directs distribution center operations and stays within the fiscal year budget.
- Negotiates transportation services and rates with various carriers.
- Improves supply chain efficiency and sustainability by negotiating with suppliers and customers.
- Analyzes the financial impact of proposed changes to the operations of the logistics department.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, industrial engineering or logistics.
- Master’s degree in business administration.
- Experience working in a supply chain or logistics department.
- Certification in Business Administration.
- Experience working in an accounting or finance department.
- Experience working in a supervisory role.
- Time is spent primarily in climate controlled offices in close proximity to business.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Displays effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrates strong active listening and reading comprehension skills.
- Has exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Possesses strong negotiation and persuasion abilities.
- Has the ability to be an effective manager and leader.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of computer systems and programs relevant to the industry.
- Exhibits good customer service skills.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application open to Lagos and Ogun State candidates.