PetroPhysicist (PP) Opening at OPSL Human Capital
OPSL Human Capital was incorporated in August 2009 to provide specialist personnel management services to its clients. Since then, OPSL has grown to focus on various specialized services which range from offering personnel, procurement and management services to the Oil and Gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PetroPhysicist (PP)
- Candidate will plan well data acquisition programs and carry out post-acquisition interpretation provide strong support for the identification of reperforation opportunities and champion the maintenance of an efficient technical database management system.
The duties and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Plan well data acquisition programs in line with well and business objectives;
- Liaise and work with other technical discipline such as reservoir engineers, production geologist, production technologist, well engineer, reservoir geoscientist, etc to promote integration within the organization.
- Liaison with core, log and LWD data acquisition contractors, before and during acquisition and in post-well interpretation phase;
- Coordinate appropriate well-site witness work for specialist runs;
- Deliver post-well standard interpretation;
- Liaise with partners and DPR on petrophysical / core issues;
- Aid the integrated full field reservoir description models which take full account of log, core and seismic data as well as dynamic pressure and water movement data;
- Manage core and fluid analysis programs at base offices and contractor labs
- Populate and maintain corporate and project well databases;
- Be part of the team well planning effort;
- Become involved in surveillance petrophysics on project startup;
- Provide leadership in health, safety, security and environment (HSSE); this is an important and key requirement and focus for the individual;
Experience & Qualifications
To be considered for this role, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geosciences or related discipline (M.Sc is an added advantage)
- Minimum of 15 years relevant post-graduate industry related experience
- Ability to promote open and effective communication;
- Propensity for undertaking tasks before being asked to or forced by events;
- Ability to coach others to help their development;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to facilitate and leverage knowledge transfer within and between the exploration, development and production business units;
- Ability to integrate a variety of data and information into an exceptional interpretation of the subsurface.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online