Production Technologist needed at OPSL Human Capital
OPSL Human Capital was incorporated in August 2009 to provide specialist personnel management services to its clients. Since then, OPSL has grown to focus on various specialized services which range from offering personnel, procurement and management services to the Oil and Gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Technologist
- Candidate will provide very strong support for the identification of production improvement opportunities and production optimization studies in conjunction with the reservoir engineer, petrophysicist and production geologist in the asset team.
- Work in an integrated study team where you can learn from others and equally contribute with your own background and experience. Make PT input into field development plan. The required technical work will comprise but will not be limited to well performance modelling, sand prediction, sand control selection and upper completion design, perforating and smart well design.
- Ensure compliance with well, reservoir and facility management, well integrity, voidage and flare control guidelines and taking appropriate actions in assigned field/s.
- Identification of short term oil opportunities for ranking in the business planning processes and the maturation of short term oil opportunities within the asset team.
- Ensure flow assurance for the project life cycle. Incorporate mitigation strategies into production optimization plans.
- Provide conceptual completion design for the most economic production throughout the life cycle of the well, i.e. performance modelling, tubing sizing, artificial lift design, drainage conduits, selection of completion accessories (e.g. SMART equipment, no of packers), material specification etc.
- Identify candidate wells, which have near-wellbore or wellbore damage for stimulations (e.g. acid or waves stimulations) and design suitable treatment. Identify water or gas shut-off candidates wells and design treatments (mechanical and chemical treatments). Identify wells that require additional and/or re-perforations, due to high mechanical skin and design operations.
- Identify wells that are not optimized and initiate actions/well interventions to change the operating conditions. Identify wells that are not performing and review options to improve inflow performance.
- Generate a well/reservoir surveillance plan, in conjunction with other disciplines, obtain key data and incorporate it into asset surveillance plan.
- Identify candidates for BHPs, RSTs & related cased hole logs and design the operation.
- Generate an activity proposal for any surveillance operations, which contains the economic justification, functional design and outline.
- A minimum of B.Sc in Engineering or Sciences (M.Sc is an added advantage)
- At least 15 years relevant oil and gas industry experience in an operational and studies environment
- Experience with operating company and services/consulting sector
- Strong team worker but also an independent thinker
- Good communicator with strong presentation and report writing skills (these are a must!)
- Project management and team leadership skills/experience
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online