Programme Development Manager, ICLA Job at the Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Development Manager, ICLA
Ref. no.: 3700699448
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to be a part of our Nigeria programme? We are looking for a Programme Development Manager for our ICLA programme in our Maiduguri office.
Since 2009, violent attacks on civilians by the armed group Boko Haram have left widespread devastation in northeast Nigeria. At least 17,000 people have been killed and approximately two million people are displaced within Nigeria. More than 14 million people in northeast Nigeria today are affected by the crisis caused by Boko Haram. Out of these, seven million people are in need of humanitarian assistance. Around 92 per cent of displaced people reside in either informal settlements or with low-income host communities, creating a strain on already limited resources. The remaining 8 per cent live in more formalised camps. NRC has been in Nigeria since 2015.
The purpose of the ICLA Programme Development Manager position is to mentor and build capacity of staff in the ICLA team as well as manage the programme portfolio in Borno State.
The ICLA Programme Development Manager (PDM) reports to the Area Manager in Maiduguri.
- Mentor and build capacity of staff in the ICLA team
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Conduct needs assessments in rural areas in Borno state in line with NRC’s humanitarian access strategies
- Ensure timely and high quality programme delivery against planned targets
- Ensure proper and efficient administrative and financial management of grants
- Establish and develop systems and tools for ICLA implementation
- Contribute in the development of advocacy materials
- Ensure timely and quality monitoring reports of ICLA activities to ensure high technical quality and transparent processes
- Develop approaches and activities ensuring promotion of the Do No Harm principle
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical ICLA expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong financial and administrative background
- Strong experience from mentoring and team capacity building
- Experience with rapidly growing programmes
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria or West Africa
- Valid driver’s license
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour an asset.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: March 2018
- Duration: 6 months with a possibility for extending
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station:Maiduguri, with 40% travel
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online