State Program Officers at Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria
As a Sub-Recipient to FHI360 on the Global Fund IMPACT Grant, NEPWHAN is implementing the Care and Support Component of the Grant in 11+1 States, which includes Akwa-Ibom and Nasarawa States.
In view of this, we seek applications from qualified candidates for the below position in the organization, for Global Fund HIV/TB Grant:
Job Title: State Program Officer
Location: Akwa Ibom
Job type: Full time
Duration: One and half years (renewable)
Job Field: Health, NGO/Non-Profit
- To reduce new HIV infections, and improve the quality of life for the infected and affected.
- To provide Nigerians with universal access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services for TB, TB/HIV, and drug-resistant TB by 2020.
- To contribute to the restoration of public confidence in primary health care services in Nigeria, and thereby reverse declines in the utilization of primary health care facilities
- The post holder will work closely, and report to the State Project Coordinator and NEPWHAN national office in Abuja. S/he will serve as one of the focal persons for NEPWHAN in the State, and provide support to M&E and programmatic activities of NEPWHAN in the State.
- Serves as the Focal Person for NEPWHAN and coordinates the activities of Case Managers of Treatment SRs
- Conducts monitoring and supervisory visits to GF supported sites in the State to review work of Case Managers and monitor progress of work
- Collates and report data on number of defaulters brought back to treatment by Case Managers.
- Verifies the quality of work of Case Managers and ensure proper documentation.
- Interfaces with facility focal persons and other staff of Treatment SRs for effective collaboration.
- Monitors quality of care and access to treatment at all supported facilities
- Conducts State level data verification/validation of data at the facilities to ensure reported clients are traced to facilities’ records.
- Validates and collate all summary data submitted by Support Group focal persons during programme review and Support Group meetings.
- Produces monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Represents NEPWHAN at Stakeholders and other relevant meetings
- Performs any other tasks, as may be directed by the national office
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
- Previous work experience in Global Fund HIV/TB Grants
- 5 years work experience in NGO/CBO or Int’l organizations setting
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Power point
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, plus organizational and administrative skills
- Working knowledge of Care & Support in HIV interventions in Nigeria.
- Attentive to details, highly organized and self-motivated.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by e-mail to the National Coordinator, Network of People living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN), through: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com . Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted for interview.
- Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail and mobile phone numbers on the application letter.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.