Senior Brand Manager Vacancy at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Brand Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Reports To: Marketing Manager Guinness
Context of the Role
- Guinness is a global priority brand for Diageo and it is the #1 beer brand in Africa. Consistent double digit growth in volume and value is a key strategic imperative for Guinness in Africa.
- Nigeria is currently the largest global Guinness market by value.
- Our vision is to remain an iconic brand and # 1 beer brand of choice in Nigeria; by consolidating our big brand credentials and driving everyday relevance amongst our target consumers, recruiting the next generation of drinkers is very key to winning in Nigeria and indeed Africa.
Purpose of the Role
- To champion & drive brand growth in volume and equity by leveraging understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and trends
- Development and seamless execution of Brand plans both short and long term.
- To ensure that brand plans are developed and executed based on the following:
- Grounded on consumer knowledge and credible insights.
- In line with world class standards and global best practice.
- Proactive & timely.
- Lead the deployment and execution of brand strategy & advertising communication founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer.
- Champion the Measurement and Evaluation of all initiatives.
- Monitors brand performance and implements appropriate plan changes.
Creates Strategies that Win:
- The Senior Brand Manager supports the delivery of the short and medium term strategic goals of the brand to outperform the competition and delivers against equity targets.
- Leads the development of a clear vision and simple strategy for the Brand
- The SBM leverages market insights and analytical skills to deliver world class growth drivers which build equity for the brand and drive brand/category growth.
- Strategies are translated into focused, differentiated and commercially relevant GAME plans that can be executed.
- Stakeholder engagement to deliver brilliant execution
Leads competition-beating execution:
- Brilliant execution and high standards are a way of life
- Drives fast implementation of big scalable ideas that can be – and are – executed brilliantly
Drives pace and agility through instinctively making the right marketing judgement decisions:
- Pace and agility are valued over perfection
- Brilliant execution of marketing activities that delight consumers and customers and build adoration for our brands.
Partners brilliantly with agencies and cross functional teams to deliver breakthrough content and execution:
- Initiates clear and creative ways of working with the right partners (including customers) in order to generate compelling solutions.
- Restless in understanding best practices, testing and evaluating how to build.
- Effective M&E to select and learn from activities proposed. Evaluation plans agreed with key stakeholders.
Drives value for Diageo and our Customers:
- Supports the team in adopting a true performance culture with spikes in both consumer and customer performance. Key performance metrics are delivered through a ruthless focus.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate Caliber
- MBA might be an added advantage.
- 5+ years Consumer marketing experience including:
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and translation of strategies into differentiated plans.
- Ability to procure and deploy expert resources from colleagues, agencies and partners to create breakthrough outcomes.
- ATL development, Media planning and deployment.
- Agency Management + Good relationship skills
- Cross functional project management skills (strong sales/commercial liaison and teamwork)
- Demonstrated capability in brilliant execution and ability to translate strategies to marketing plans.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online