Information Management Advisor Job at Premiere Urgence Internationale
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Advisor
- the information management advisor will be responsible for developing and leading the im strategy of the mission in conjunction with the meal coordinator.
- He will take the lead role in the creation and maintenance of project databases and be the focal person for data management and integration across datasets to improve visibility of data across projects and the production of information management products to enhance project decision making and information dissemination to various stakeholders.
- S/he will provide im technical support to the sectors food security, health and nutrition, identify gaps in data collection, ensure proper data protection policies are adhered to and keep the various information dashboards up to date.
- Under the direct supervision of meal manager
- Under the technical supervision meal coordinator
- Under the overall supervision deputy head of mission programs
- In supervision of im assistants
Role And Responsibilities
- Information management: s/he will ensure development and implementation of a im strategy at mission level
- Human resources: s/he will supervise all members of im teams to enhance their capacities and support the achievement of roles detailed in job descriptions.
- Logistics and administration: s/he will oversee the logistic and administrative duties related to information management activities under his/her responsibility.
- Strategy: s/he will develop a strategy with support from the meal coordinator of rolling out im at base level.
Specific Objective And Linked Activities
Mission Level Design And Supervision Of Information Management Activities:
- Lead the development of an information management strategy in accordance with pui policies;
- Develop information management systems for technical sectors and operational units;
- Develop information products and technical templates across all sectors of intervention;
- Build and maintain integrated databases across intervention sectors in accordance with the im strategy;
- Design analysis templates for assessments and surveys in support of the meal coordinator;
- Lead the design of mission and base level electronic archiving and backup systems;
- Suggest adaptable ways of tracking projects with quality data based on the integrated approach;
- Develop sops in line with the im strategy and ensuring adherence throughout the mission;
Reports Generation And Dashboards:
- Lead the development of an information system with a report generator for prompt decision making on projects
- Design im system that delivers project-level actionable alerts and responsibilities guided by the programmatic integrated approach
- Provide technical support and contribution to the development of analysis and reporting templates
- Develop project-level dashboards with key indicators that provide visual status of all interventions
- Build the capacity of users on navigating and using the interactive dashboard and report generator
- Update the interactive dashboards as and when required
Technical Support To Field , Project And Meal Teams:
- Support to project, field and meal teams in further developing data systems that meet their requirements;
- Provide technical support to the teams when needed for recruitment processes, development of technical tests and job descriptions in conjunction with the sector coordinators;
- Identify needs for technical training and developing training tools;
- Support the im structures within the mission and enhancing the overall output of the teams;
- In support of the meal coordinator, assist in designing effective data flows using the integrated approach
Capitalization/Institutional Knowledge Building:
- capitalize on lessons learnt at implementing im systems in the mission in order to design contextualized trainings for project, field and meal teams im capacity building;
- In coordination with the meal coordinator to identify key aspects of the data interfaces and data management weaknesses that require stronger im systems
External Representation And Reporting:
- Participate in the information management working groups;
- Participate and support network development between agencies for enhanced use of databases and im outputs;
- Participate in meetings and other wg as requested by the meal coordinator;
- Monitor and follow up on im developments within nigeria and to bring those best practices back into the mission;
- Participate when needed in the development of proposals.
Geographical Information System:
- Develop and support gis production at base level, for later publication at coordination level;
- Create comprehensive maps that represent base level data collected for mission level presentation.
- Train field staff on gis techniques/ software
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities Of The Department
- Creation of an im strategy at mission level.
- Provision of information management technical support to project teams in a timely manner.
- Creation of mission level databases and perform data extraction and manipulation.
- Language skills: fluent in english (speaking/reading/writing), knowledge of kanuri and hausa is desirable;
- Education degree: university degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics Or Technical Diploma In Computer Science;
- Work experience: 5 years’ experience in ngos/private companies in it;
- Knowledge & skills: good management capacities and team leadership spirit / ability to manage priorities and take initiatives / accountability and timely delivery; proficient in data analysis and advanced knowledge and experience with statistical software spss, graphic design software and gis.
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting and configuration;
- Software installation;
- Excellent knowledge of excel and access (data manipulation and report generation) or any other database platform;
- Good knowledge of networks;
- Familiar with windows systems and applications;
- Good knowledge of ms-sql;
- Capacity building skills in im systems;
- Good knowledge of humanitarian actors and donors
- Integrity and loyal to humanitarian principles.
- Patience and readiness to triangulate information
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Well organized and attention to details;
- Reliable and rigorous;
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement;
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker;
- Able to manage stress and pressure;
- Ability to work within a team
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If pre-selected you will be contacted shortly by the HR department.