Communications Manager Vacancy at Lumos Nigeria
Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid.Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small installments using their mobile phones
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Manager
- Accountable and responsible for managing functional budget as outlined below
- Periodic reporting on functional activities in line with overall Marketing and Communications business plan Financial stewardship: ensuring value for money relationships across relevant 3rd parties and partners.
- Design, develop and deploy, in conjunction with HR, a quarterly newsletter to engage with all employees and internal audiences (Nigeria and Global)
- Serve as primary liaison with HR on all employee communications and events
Public Relations and Communications:
- Design, implement and manage Lumos Nigeria’s communication strategy ensuring that all stakeholders are informed and have access to the right information at all times
- Develop and effectively execute a strategy for proactively cultivating positive corporate relationships with the media
- Develop media plan (including timelines, spread, and media to be deployed for the above
- Develop appropriate response to “crisis situations” that portend negative media exposure for the company
- Build and manage Lumos Nigeria’s media relations with local media
- Ensure positive reportage
- Seed brand stories, milestones and successes across relevant platforms
- Drive thought leadership for Lumos Nigeria in discourse on energy, renewable energy and the power sector in Nigeria
- Use PR to drive brand leadership
- Develop press releases, analyses, and feature articles to communicate Lumos Nigeria’s milestones, product launches, event coverage, CSR engagements and new developments, among others.
Digital Marketing and Engagement:
- Craft and execute a long term digital strategy to support the product and corporate brand initiatives
- Supervise and manage, for Nigeria, all digital/online assets especially websites and social media platforms to deliver on pre-set KPIs
- Working with retainer agencies, craft strategies to drive online traffic to the company website and other digital assets (social media) to raise brand awareness, seed brand messaging and accelerate the leads management programme.
- Measure and report performance of all advertising and digital marketing campaigns against approved KPIs
- Working with global team, design and develop digital brand standards, create and supervise content, for SEO/SEM and analyse all digital-marketing related activities
- Accomplish the digital strategy; develop, execute, and enhance paid digital efforts, such as display advertising, mobile, SEM & SEO, assure digital design optimised for branding,
- impact, SEO, and web development.
- Expertly develop and write digital content and maintain content publishing editorial calendar, as well as integrates online activities with off-line marketing communications plans and manage all online partnerships with various publishers and influences.
- Build and leverage agency and vendor relationships and identify opportunities for applying new technologies, digital products, and services to online campaigns.
Community and Grassroot Engagement:
- Design and implement a community outreach programme to educate/enlighten potential consumers on the
- Lumos brand and the benefits of the products
- Townhall meetings and liaison with opinion leaders
- Trade groups and associations
- Market and opinion leaders during market days
Corporate Social Responsibilities
- Define and craft a strategic CSR roadmap for Lumos Nigeria aligning brand philosophy to CSR interventions
- Execute the CSR roadmap for Nigeria focusing on key clusters and cities
- Ensure scalability and sustainability for all CSR interventions
- Ensure effective M&E of all CSE investments
- First degree in Humanities or Communication
- Membership of NIPR, CIM, CIPR NIMN or related bodies is a key mandatory
- 10+ cognate experience with a minimum of 5 years at senior levels across Public Relations, Mass Media and Reputation Management
- Experienced in formulation and execution competence across – strategy and planning
- Proven competence in Marketing Communications, PR, Media Management and Stakeholder Relations
- Proven ability to manage primary and complex media and (print and electronic) relationships
- Ability to effectively manage 3rd party agencies and partners to deliver on commitments on time, to plan and within or under budget
- High degree of professionalism and maturity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization
- High level of discretion and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: email@example.com Subject: “Communications Manager”