Finance Manager Job at the Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- The Finance Manager shall assume responsibility for bookkeeping and accounting functions of the project, and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of the project
- He/She plans, organizes, directs, and controls all accounting and financial operations for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately keep all books of account for the project, including petty cash register, cheque register, fixed assets register and all other accounting records
- Assists in directing of financial forecasting, planning, and budget processes
- Maintain financial and business policies, controls, and reporting procedures
- Ensures that fiscal and business activities comply with donor/grant requirements
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including the preparation of bank reconciliations and receipts
- Monitor the organization’s budget in accordance with approved workplan activities
- Act as the organization’s resource person in the interpretation of financial and accounting policies/guidelines.
- Prepare Donor financial reports
- Ensure compliance to all local regulatory provisions e.g. tax board, EFCC etc
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets including monitoring cash flows and requesting for fund transfers from Donor
- Prepare written and verbal responses to inquiries and requests for budgetary information from Donors and Project Team.
- Lead in the timely completion of month end and year end activities and ensure all requested yearend audit adjustments are completed
- Assists the programmes team in contractual modifications necessary for existing business/programs, and develops costing strategy to provide assistance in the preparation of cost proposals
- Carry out such other duties and assignments, as may be requested by the Project Director
- Prepares financial statements, estimates, summaries, and other financial analysis and management reports
- Prepare, develop and analyze key financial information to ensure that the organization’s management makes well informed decisions to ensure future stability and growth
- Ensures orderly execution of the annual budget cycle with provision of approved annual budget by December 31st each year.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or its recognized equivalent
- Possession of a professional qualification (e.g. CPA. ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent) will be a major advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities; related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility
- Experience in the management of funds in a donor-based, non-profit context
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance
- Proven ability in building capacity of organizations in financial management
- Ability to represent the organization to donors, government officials and the NGO community in financial matters when necessary
- Proven ability in supervising staff when necessary
- Well-developed computer skills and accounting packages like Quick books and others
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel in Nigeria for minimum of 25%
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple task functions simultaneously
- Familiarity with the accounting, administrative, auditing, and reporting requirements of major donors (e.g. USAID, DFID, EU)
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and qualifying statements, explaining why they are suitable for the job, to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail
- Applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlist candidates will be contacted