Driver Vacancy at the World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver
Ref no: 1800187
Contract duration: 1year
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of Position
- Driving WHO Official Vehicle safely without traffic violations and ensure that vehicles are kept in good and working conditions.
Description of Duties
Under the overall supervision of the Operations Officer and the direct supervision of the Technical Officer, Operations Unit, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Drive office vehicles to convey authorized personnel, handle delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meet authorized personnel at the airport, facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.,
- Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and mission ready.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
- Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in a crash;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Secondary education.
- Minimum of three years driving experience as a driver; clean safe driving record/history.ry
- Previous UN and/or INGO experience
Use of Language skills
- English and/or a very good knowledge of the local language
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the working language
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of the country and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- An ability to write a concise and official report of incidents.
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online