National Professional Officer Job at the World Health Organization
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Professional Officer – Routine Immunization
Ref No: 1800527
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 1 year
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- To interrupt wild poliovirus transmission and achieve polio eradication in Nigeria
- To strengthen routine immunization and reduce morbidity and mortality from vaccine preventable diseases
- To achieve accelerated disease control through supplemental activities e.g. measles SIAs
- To strengthen integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR)
Description of Duties
- Provide technical support for polio eradication–> Provide technical support in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of other supplemental immunization activities (e.g. measles, MNT etc.) to improve quality–> Provide technical support in planning, implementation and monitoring of routine immunization activities to increase coverage–> Provide technical support in planning and monitoring of integrated disease surveillance and response activities.
- Essential: University Degree in Health related field or Social Sciences
- Desirable: Post graduate degree in Public Health preferably in epidemiology or other related public health fields
- Essential: At least five years relevant experience including field experience in communication and community engagement and advocacy
- Desirable: Experience in public health especially in immunization activities
- The incumbent should have knowledge and skills in planning, supervision, monitoring and evaluation
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of French.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 15,384,565 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.